All Hail Michelle Obama Queen Of Elegant Black Women Part 2

All Hail Michelle Obama Queen Of Elegant Black Women Part 2
Michelle Obama is my #1 fashion icon and she dresses in a very feminine manner. You can read about why I love Michelle Obama in PART 1. Michelle Obama has really influenced my fashion purchases over the past five years and this coincided well with my journey to become more feminine. I purchased several cardigans, brooches, and pearls because of her. I also started wearing vibrant jewel-toned clothing that I never wore before because they looked so good with her skin tone. I also love vintage style outfits and dresses and if you haven't noticed...Mrs. Obama often appears in 50s style outfits that I LOVE! Her style says "wife" and single women wearing the same style tells others that they are wife material. I am practical and frugal and many of her outfits are appropriate for work and going out and pieces can be mixed and matched. Her wardrobe is very respectable and gives off the image and impression I want. It's like Mrs. O is a living mannequin for me and I think everything she wears will probably look great on me too. Some of her photos actually look like clothing ads lol! Here are my favorite elements of her wardrobe that can help anyone to dress as well as Mrs. O:

* VINTAGE CUT DRESSES WITH FULL SKIRTS. The dresses should not be too short, tight, or revealing of cleavage.
* FULL OR PENCIL SKIRTS. Pencil skirts should not be too tight and skirts are never too short or revealing.
* SHEATH DRESSES. Dresses in many plain colours or flower prints.
* JEWEL TONES. Vibrant jewel toned greens, blues, and burgundy are my favorites.
* FLOWER PATTERNS.
* CARDIGANS INSTEAD OF BLAZERS. I think that cardigans are more comfortable and feel better than blazers. They also tend to be less expensive and easier to care for.
* PEARLS AND STATEMENT JEWELRY. I like simple designs what accentuate solid-coloured clothing to make them more interesting.
* BROOCHES. Brooches can be worn above the waist, near the neck, on a belt, closing a cardigan, or made to look like part of a garment.
* BELTS. Belts of many colours can be worn to accentuate the waist and can even be worn over cardigans. A trench coat can be paired with a vibrant belt.
* FLATS OF KITTEN HEELS. These shoes are perfect for me because they are easy to walk and stand in for long periods of time. No stilettos!

RELATED MATERIAL: Mrs. O fashion blogFlotus fashion Powerwall Mrs. O: The face of fashion democracy (book)Commander in Chic (book)Michelle Obama: First Lady of fashion and style (book)Michelle Style (book)Michelle Obama and the power of style (book)

With these key elements in mind, in no particular order, here are my favorite Michelle Obama fashion looks!:

I like the style of Mrs. O's dress, the pattern,

and the pearls. I also love Malia's dress and

the ruffles. I love blues and purples. Note

Mrs. O's full skirt at knee length and flat

shoes that are comfortable for walking and

standing.

This image is from Better Homes ">Pretty polka dot dress with a flower brooch.

I have many flowers and bows that I like to

pin to my clothes along with jeweled brooches.

Mrs. O has excellent posture! Fidgeting is a no

no.

Lovely flower print dress. I like the way it is

not too confining and one can actually be

comfortable and move in such a dress. Being

kind and respectful of everyone, including

children is a good value for any EBW.

What a beautiful jewel toned dress with a long skirt.

It is paired with a simple black belt to accentuate the

waist. Dresses at this length are easier to sit down in

because one is not likely to expose oneself.

Mrs. O crosses her legs like a lady.

I like the monochromatic colours of this dress and

the jewel accent at the collarbone. This appears to

be a pencil dress and the shape is quite flattering.

I think the skirt is interesting, I like the colours,

and it appears that the cardigan is being held

closed with a brooch.

I avoid black dresses and tops because I think theymake me look dull but I love the cut of this dress.Note the brooch and wide belt. Monochromatic looksare very slimming.

This could be a clothing ad for great office looks!

I like the matching coat and dress and the

pearls. Wearing boots, cardigans, blazers and long

coats allows one to wear spring and summer

dresses all year long.

What an attractive outfit! I love the monochromatic

colours and the pencil skirt. I would love to have

pencil skirts in multiple colours to pair with feminine

dresses. Mrs. O often wears dresses and blouses

with feminine collars instead of Oxford collars like

her husband. I gave up Oxford collars along with

wearing pants...maybe that's why I rarely have to

iron!

Another great look for the office. I like the

Mary Jane style heels and the black pencil

skirt that hides the skin but accentuates

the curves. This is a great demonstration of

modern business attire that is still feminine.

What a beautiful gown! That blue is so gorgeous

and I love the way the dress is fitted, floor length,

with the draping feature at the bottom. What a

classy lady! Mr. O looks fabulous too :)

Mrs. O truly looks like a princess in this dress.

I love the gloves and it would be great if dress

gloves came back into style. This is such an

elegant look and the contrast with her skin is

perfect.

This dress provides a very slim silhouette and her

waist is accentuated by the wide band. I like that

the look is monochromatic but three different

materials are used.

This outfit is just so pretty! The colours

are great and I love the shiny patterned

material. Feminine loveliness. Once again

Mrs. O demonstrates good posture and

how to pose properly for photographs.

Don't you love the colour and cut of this

dress? I want to have a bunch of dresses

like this that I can wear to work. Mrs. O's

clothes are tailored to fit her so that there

are no tight or bulging areas...or maybe that's

just because she is in excellent shape and

there are no bulges! Mrs. O literally stands

by her man :)

I love cardigans with pattern details. It's

adorable the way the cardigan, dress, and

shoes all match. A plain dress can be paired

with different belts, shoes, jewelry, cardigans,

and blazers to create many different looks.

I also like the low heeled shoes.

This dress has a lovely colour that is very attractive.

I like the details at the bottom of the dress and the

flower. If I were to see a woman smiling and looking

like this I would just assume she is nice and has a

comfortable life.

Vintage pretty in a solid coloured dress

with contrasting heels : ) A feminine

flower brooch is the finishing touch.

I like dresses and skirts in black and white

flower patterns. They are suitable for most

occasions and they can be paired with black, white

or colourful accessories.

Isn't this a pretty outfit? This looks like another

clothing ad lol! Flower print dresses are so

feminine and they are the only pattern I like

besides pinstripes. The colours and the pattern

just go together in a natural way so it doesn't

seem busy. Instantly boost your feminine look

by adding flower patterns and accessories.

I don't usually like asymmetrical dresses but this dress

does it right! I think it's because the covered side is so

wide. I like the chain detail. This photo shows off Mrs.

O's toned arms that maybe you too can have at 48 if

you eat right and exercise regularly.

What an attractive modern couple, but it almost looks

like something from the 50s! I think that this pattern

works and a simple belt is the only accessory used

or necessary. Keep it simple and classic.

Another pretty dress. For some reason pairing

yellow and grey looks really good. I have a few

items with this colour scheme. I like the cut of

this dress. If you avoid low cut dresses you can

bend over and not worry about showing too

much. Wearing camisoles under low cut dresses

can fix this problem :)

Mrs. O looks preppy in this argyle sweater and pearls.

I do like argyle sometimes and I think it's cute on tights

during the winter with plain coloured clothing.

An beautiful beaded dress in a flattering sheath cut.

Beaded and jeweled clothing is very feminine because

men rarely wear such ornate garments. One can dress

up and add glamour while still being covered and

respectable.

This is a beautiful floor length gown that

looks amazing on Mrs. O. This is pure

elegance and just stunning.

Last but not least, here is Mrs. O in a vintage style dress

with a full skirt. I love the colour and subtle flower print.

The neckline is so pretty and I like the little bow :)

Source: pualib.blogspot.com

This entry was posted on Sunday 25 May 2008 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply