Dikke Dames Through The Brush Of Julia Woning

Dikke Dames Through The Brush Of Julia Woning
If you pass been following my blog towards the end, you instruct that in venerate of Beloved Your Chest Day, October 14th, I pass been focusing on the fat/size obedience movement in Europe and introducing you to some Dutch artists that I educated about for instance I was in Holland over the summer. I pass a good friend in Amsterdam who bravely ready to help me with paraphrase. Participating in one of our email telephone lines I asked Chiel why he outline present-day were so different Dutch painters who fashioned such beautiful big women in their artwork. His lay to rest was,

"Seemingly such as every Dutch person nearly my age grew up with a lower show called, De Drie Dikke Dames (The Three Big Ladies), a Sunday start lower show hosted by three big ladies."

I trepidatiously checkered it out and as I was only able to watch a few of the shows, it was stumbling block that my reservations were NOT validated! This was not a show lampooning 3 fat ladies or putting them in unbecoming fat shaming situations. Now, we instruct that Friendship is NOT Causation so present-day is no way to instruct if the 3 Fat Ladies impacted young artists (perhaps a pathway up question for Susan Ruiter, et al) but I loved Chiel's premise and attractive to amount it with you. I would plus like to amount the artwork of Julia Woning who is a painter and a sculptor with a unit entitled Dikke Dames (Big Girls). I asked Ms Woning the extraordinarily questions that I asked Susan Ruiter, and trendy is what Julia had to say.

Assemble Dutch Dancer, Julia Woning

Dr. Deah: At the same time as did you complete that art was better to you as a deal with of expression? Was present-day a rapid "aha" flash, or was it a unhurried process?

Julia Woning: It was a unhurried enclosure. At the same time as I was 17 I had to choose a aim. I chose a aim to become a deal with. In arrears a year i figured it wasn't the aim for me. In arrears that I staid to go to the Willem de Kooning Academie in Rotterdam to become an illustrator.

DD: The art work you do is so beautiful, who were some artists who converted your style?

JW: I am a great fan of Picasso but Rubens is the master in painting untouchable sized women.

DD: The shapes and sizes of the women you dye are big and beautiful and feel very positive. Has the obedience of body obedience or size obedience been a part of your work intentionally?

JW: Yes, but not intentionally. I love the tour forms of the body and the untouchable shapes give me higher lull to dye patterns and give the paintings higher terminate, I like it for instance my paintings pass a lot of terminate.

DD: Why do you choose to do paintings of big curved women?

JW: Since of the lull i pass for instance I dye untouchable women, plus such as i bound to be like the look of the facts, the idea later them is that they are forever happy and elated.

DD: Do you pass any opinions about how the media depicts women's bodies?

JW: Yes, In the media present-day has to be higher exchange than a size 0. In magazines, advertisements, transmit shows, and movies sort is a neediness. Everyone is beautiful in their own way ( in their own size).

DD: Do you think that Holland has a higher indulgent attitude towards sort of body size for women than The Ally States?

JW: No, I think that some people, where they live, will forever pass a uncouth opinion about untouchable sized people. The people that do pass a uncomplimentary opinion are the ones that pass to change their attitude. But naught has a problem with big women in art, at all.

DD: Everyplace can people find out higher about your work?

JW: My English website http://www.juliawoning.com

DD: Do you pass any questions for me or anything else you would like to add?

JW: My big women don't pass any faces. This is such as I want them to be nameless. Its about the atmosphrere and the impression they make, they're not vigor facts.

I delight you enjoyed meeting Julia Woning! I find her paintings far-fetched and elated and am hopeful to consider it her veranda introduction year! Do you pass any sweet artists, musicians, or writers that represent size positivity in their work? Suit let us know! In the future weeks I will be allotment the works of accurate getting on Dutch artists and two activists from the UK!

Til introduction time,

Dr. Deah


This entry was posted on Thursday 20 September 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply