Big Brother Africa To Watch Or Not To Watch

Big Brother Africa To Watch Or Not To Watch
Hello Blog Family,

Now, it's my turn to get advice from you guys please. I am a fan of Big Brother Africa. I have never missed a season. Last night, I picked up my phone to text my smart card number as is the requirement for watching in Nigeria. When I brought out the smart card, my visiting

friend asked what I wanted to do and I told her. My interest in the show surprised her. She felt "family" people didn't have to watch a show as such because it will corrupt the kids.

She said a lot of things to try and convince me against registering to watch this season. She said the show is all about voyeurism, that it has no morals to teach. She even went further to ask if all I wanted was to see people *do* on TV? She also said that as a Christian, it's wrong to watch any show where people don't recognize God and all. She finally said the show is Dev sh.

Well, I tried to defend myself by telling her that I have learnt a lot from this show. Apart from the entertainment I get watching. I learnt from the show that it's possible for people from different cultures to live together peacefully. I learnt that family values are not that important to some families, like in the case of manetta and sister fighting on TV and then gossiping on siblings to friends they just met on the show.

When Uti Nwachukwu won, I learnt a lesson there: When we fail, it is good to try again. His first time on the show, he came out with nothing, on his second journey, he came back the winner of All Stars with money and fame. If he had refused to make a second attempt, he may never have been where he is today. His life changed after that second attempt at the show.

Do not forget Uti held tight to his principles while on that show. He neither kissed nor did any lady. He kept himself, so, I think if this show was all about doing women and walking about naked, there is no way Uti would have won Big Brother All Stars. He won and came out of that house happy and fulfilled.

When I saw Karen Igho as the Nigerian representative of that season, what I said was "Nothing for Nigeria this season" I felt disappointed eh, I looked at her chest and asked... "Is that real? I wasn't interested in watching her. I did not think she will make Nigeria proud and a lot of people had my sentiments. When Hubby asked the next day and I pointed at Karen as the Nigerian Housemate. He laughed and said "This year we have failed woefully" This girl doesn't look like she can win this thing. Do you know that before the show ended, Karen became our favorite housemate. We weren't interested in seeing any other housemate. I became his jotter to give the latest gidst about Karen and Luclay. With our two or four naked hands sef, we started voting for Karen. How did that happen? Her good character, her attitude, her forgiving spirit and her love for other people bought us over.

We that were asking who is this? Began to get angry when people like Vimbai and other housemates say things to Karen. We began to hurt when Karen is not happy. I learnt there, that, it is not good to judge people until you know them very well. I learnt that it's possible for people who don't like you to begin to love you dearly. I remember those days, every time Linda published anything about Karen in the Big Brother house, comments were very mean on her. Towards the end of the show, the trend changed.

When I see people from different parts of Africa brought together to co-exist, I love to watch them talk about their different cultures and to see them live, fight, quarrel and then makeup or refuse to make up with people from other parts of the Continent.

In Kevin's case, viewers said true love can never be found in the Big Brother house. He was rejected but today they are a husband and wife outside the show. I get so entertained and informed when I watch. In fact, there was a particular season where, housemates won't talk about their cultures and other important issues outside man and woman. Hubby stopped watching because he felt those were too chidish.

We learn from their frustrations and everything apart from the ones we do not get to watch like shower hour. I've never watched that and have never watched The uncut show. Not that I judge those who watch everything. No, I just watch the general show and avoid the restricted episodes. Good thing shower hour no longer airs in Nigeria.

My kids know they can't watch Big Brother Shows because they are rated 18. Thankfully Multichoice has made it possible for them to enjoy their channels while I watch mine.

Dear ladies and gents in the house, do you agree with my friend Sandra that I STOP watching cos it's not good for me or you think the show is worth watching? Kindly share your thoughts please.This article is (c) Copyright - All rights reserved www.wivestownhallconnection.com

This entry was posted on Saturday 23 November 2013 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply