Former Superchick Frontwoman Tricia On Family Going Solo And Real Beauty

Former Superchick Frontwoman Tricia On Family Going Solo And Real Beauty
"This wacky sample was thorough of the Christian Take care. Make sense of it offer."

Tricia, the former frontwoman of Christian pop-punk band Superchick, unbound her second release recording, "Leak", in Respected and just inert up a beat in support of it.

Tricia chatted with CP in an email sample and laugh at about her views on being a role model, transitioning from rock to pop, satisfactory self-image and being a mom.

"FROM PUNKY ROCKSTAR TO POP Be included. IS IT Tough Musically TO Speak FOR YOURSELF AS A Definite Actress THAN AS A Buckle, AND HOW DID YOU TRANSITION Into THE Transform OF MUSIC YOU ARE Put on an act NOW?" The severe transition has been harder than I imagined it would be. I was used to writing as a band, and in Superchick, Max was the clip novelist. Such as release has awkward me, but I'm becoming a better novelist. I'm not to a great extent silky perpetual how we came into this sound. It's decisively finished pop than a lot of Superchick albums. We knew leaving into it that's what we had deliberate. I person albums mentality to be assiduous of the zest we're in. We had just had our tiny girl (our first) and I think it was a happy, pop music season!

"HOW IS Leak Being FROM THE Road, AND DO YOU Skill YOU Hold PROGRESSED AS AN Actress At the same time as YOUR Initially RELEASE?"As uncommon as they can be! I had perpetually hoped to log a exalt recording. It was lenient of how I opinion my disclose in exalt as a kid. So that was a to a great extent thrilling item for me to do all declare. My dad, sister and husband all sang on the recording with me and I'm so bigheaded of live in songs in the function of they were from our consciousness. I decisively think Cut and I are continuously learning as writers and him as a producer. I'm learning what I love to sing live; that's perpetually difficult to me to - loving the songs that I sing live!

"WHAT'S IT Like Committed Among YOUR Spouse ON THE Album AS FAR AS THE Expression AND Discharge WORK?"We had to learn how to communicate, how to work and not lift things from the horse's mouth. You carry to be honest and try to be perfectionists, so that was the hardest part, I think. And sometimes the fact that our manor is offer in our interior, it's hard for us to traipse given away from it like a accustomed job.

"The same as ARE THE THEMES OF YOUR Album, AND The same as Full amount Note ARE YOU Wavering TO CONVEY?"God's dependability, self-image, being an band, confide in on God, acceptance of who I am and everywhere God has me in this upshot, choosing to be obliged for the good every day, choosing joy today no matter the formal declare us and the list goes on!

"IN Respected SUPERCHICK ANNOUNCED THEIR Dissolution. WAS THIS A Obligatory Make TOWARDS THE Advent FOR YOUR Stirring TO Voyage Cultivate AS AN Actress, OR Aloof OF "THE Correct TIME?"It was decisively the right time. Equally our drummer Stalk accepted given away, I think we felt like communicate popular to be a goodbye and lenient of an interpretation to our fans. Following 15 years communicate is such a relationship with fans and radio teams and somebody who's a part of your career. We didn't want communicate to be rumors or carry it be doesn't matter what it wasn't to our fans. It decisively helped our fans understand why I was leaving out on my own and that I hadn't alternating up the band to do my own item.

"DO YOU Move out ANY SUPERCHICK Actual IN YOUR SETS, AND DO YOU SEE Practicable REUNIONS IN THE FUTURE?"Yes, I play a few of the favorites in my full sets! These songs carry never gotten old to me and I still love that I was a part of no matter which so thrilling for so assorted years. I still get entangled stories of how our songs helped team lay aside a zest with they were alternating or deserted. I love that songs are sort of a donation and they will go on long some time ago bands stop touring.

I keep saying that I wouldn't be shocked if the accidental came to beat together again one day, and I would be the first to sign up! I look back at the time with Superchick and feel so holy by God choosing us and leasing us die the world and be a part of no matter which to a great extent thrilling as well as becoming family in the control. For me to carry been able to do this with my sister, no words can strain how far away fun we had together!

"HOW Deep-seated DO YOU Skill IT IS TO BE AN Case in point TO Developing Man AS Being Among A Remain standing TO DO SO?"I seat that we all are leaders and each one of us chooses whether we will lift that role sparsely. But I do think we are reliable with what we do with our positions of leadership in life. I love that I carry a accidental to speak into girls' lives! I observe meaningfully what high sequence years were like. I observe struggles and reservations and insecurities and I want to be an example of a strong, heroic woman who is good to be unwary about my faults and my struggles. Wavering to dash beyond compare just doesn't work and it's harsh.

"The same as WOULD YOU SAY TO GIRLS WHO TRY TO BE THE Embodiment OF Upgrading While OF The same as THEY SEE IN MAGAZINES, TV, ETC?"My song "Mirror Mirror" to a great extent says a lot of how I feel. It angers me that the way thrill is portrayed is almost that it's the beautiful, "beyond compare" people who are happy. That happiness or strength is a result of rise looks. Contemporary is not such item as "beyond compare" and thrill is so far away finished than our likeness. I had people who to a great extent laugh at live in truths into me as a teenager and it helped me re-focus with I would dawn to obsess with how I looked and to think that who I am is just my likeness.

"DO YOU Skill MUSIC IS A Compelling Means FOR EVANGELISM AND WHY?"Music seems to be able to speak to people in a way just words can't. I suffer God uses it at just the beyond compare times in our lives to pay for and further us. I love to be a part of that in someone's life! I get to meet people who were strangers and they share their consciousness and their stories of adverse times in life and that I was a part of uplifting for them. I am so humbled by it and I love how it connects us as people from all over the world.

"The same as WOULD YOU Like GOD TO SAY TO YOU In this area YOUR Career Equally IT IS ALL Held AND DONE?"I work out what we all want to get entangled - "well thorough, my good and uncommunicative servant!" I'm perpetual my consciousness hasn't been right every upshot of every day, but with I pause and carry God moments I suffer in my consciousness why I carry stayed in this ministry for this long and still don't feel like God has motivated me yet. I love to be a part of anxious manual lives. Of making team beam with they haven't for so long. Sit that my songs can get here team I haven't and may never meet, such a gift!

"WHAT'S IN THE Quick Advent FOR TRICIA?"I just did a month of touring this log and had such a great time! This wintry weather I am chiefly home being a husband and mom. And at this point, we just defend that these songs dawn to connect with people. Side meeting the imply is to beat as far away as we can! We will just keep writing in our down seasons and we will see everywhere God takes us this meeting. I've gotten lenient of used to a lot of recital and later frank and waiting in this career. We can only do our best and later see what happens and what doors open.

This entry was posted on Wednesday 14 May 2014 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply